Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Flowering Trees

The recent hot and dry spell and the sudden rainfall that ended it has forced the trees to flower. And I mean trees, not shrubs or bushes or smaller plants.

These golden showers are rather lasting. They have been around for a couple of weeks. I drive past them twice a day and I always tell myself - get a picture before they fade!

The color of these flowers just gladdens my heart. They come in beautiful pink and purple.

I don't even know their names.

This huge blossom hung very low so I didn't have to climb the tree to get this photo!

3 comments:

Donna Urso said...

Hi Tooki. Thanks for visiting and following Just One Donna (www,justonedonna.com). I'll do the same for you. I posted my dinner suggestion as a response to your question.

Wyatt said...

So pretty. We are not familiar with the last tree, love the bright color!

Wyatt

Oskar said...

What lovely happy pictures! We have blooming trees, but it's rainy & cold.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...